Connecticut stitcher, Amanda Miller, recently finished these beautiful Christmas ornaments and has kindly shared her stitching patterns for each design below. You can find each of these canvas designs in my shop. They are linked at the bottom of the post.
You can follow Amanda on Instagram @bluehydrangeastitcher to see all of her delightful stitching escapades as well as her most time-consuming project, a 1765 Connecticut colonial she and her husband are renovating together.
- French knots for wreath
- Satin stitch for sled (silk lamé)
- French knots for hydrangea
- Burden stitch for basket (straw silk)
- Bottom rim of basket: run a long stitch horizontally, and wrap it with short vertical stitches
- Leaf stitch https://www.needlework-tips-and-techniques.com/leaf-stitch.html
- Basketweave (very velvet & silk lamé)
Sled with Hydrangea by Anne Fisher
Sled with Wreath by Anne Fisher
Monogramable Wreath by SCT Designs