Shannon Zimolong is the owner and founder of Greystone Needlepoint, a curated selection of canvases for the modern-day needlepoint enthusiast. The former clothing and interior designer turned her twenty year passion into a full time job with a desire to make the craft of needlepoint more accessible to all.
"I’ve always had a passion for design and a drive to create. With a very driven personality, needlepointing has helped to quiet my busy mind and provide balance."
We sat down with Shannon to ask her 20 Questions:
2. On your needlepoint wishlist Thorn Alexander's Strawberry canvas because summer is so close I can taste it!
3. Dream stitching spot Under a beach umbrella with an ice cold Carib at the Sunshine Shack in Anguilla!
4. 13 or 18 Mesh Canvas Lately 13 mesh, but the detail in 18 mesh keeps me coming back for more.
5. Last book you read and liked The Midnight Library by Matt Haig
6. Favorite flower All flowers bring me so much joy, but if my logo hasn’t given it away, peonies.
7. Guilty pleasure Bravo’s Southern Charm and anything Chick-Fil-A (especially, diet Lemonade – yum!)
8. On your nightstand Beauty Counter hand cream, my kindle, glossier lip balm and my latest project, a Little Stitches Needleworks belt.
9. Currently listening to Chris Stapleton or Bob Seger, especially after 5pm.
10. Currently watching Firefly Lane on Netflix – loved and wish I read the book first.
11. If there were more hours in the day I would Sleep more. Exercise more. Never seem to get enough of either.
12. Favorite places to shop For clothes: Shop the Avenue (@shoptheavenue), Zara and local favorite Skirt (@shopskirt). For home décor: Little House Shop (@littlehouseshop), Christian Ladd Home (@christianladdhome) and Madre Dallas (@madredallas).
13. Current Instagram obsessions Design: @arielokin (Hello to a fellow Main Liner) | A little bit of everything: @thenatnote | Fashion: @gemsiloved
14. Can’t leave the house without These days, my kids!
15. Coffee or tea Tea! Never had a cup of coffee in my life.
16. Wardrobe staples Good jeans, a pretty top (Ulla Johnson is a current favorite) and ballet flats.
17. Creative inspiration Everywhere. Nature. Travel (when that was a thing!). Beautiful coffee table books. And of course, Instagram and Pinterest.
18. Best piece of advice “Be impeccable with your word. Don't take anything personally. Don't make assumptions. Always do your best.” (from The Four Agreements by don Miguel Ruize)
20. Life mantra Work hard & be nice to people!